In the Journal
Buckyballs: An Ethics Based Discussion, Scott Dust (Miami University), Michael Fore (Eastern Kentucky University)
The case recounts the story of Craig Zucker, the founder of Maxfield and Oberton Holdings, LLC (M&O), a company that created a product called Buckyballs – small, powerful, rare-earth magnets sold as office toys.
- Stratford Lane: Valuing a Foreclosure as a Potential Rental Property, Scott Hoover (Washington and Lee University) The case is designed for use early in a real estate valuation course and provides exposure to basic real estate concepts such as Net Operating Income, capitalization rates, foreclosures, title searches, and the impact of uncertainty due to possible hidden property damage.
A Downtown Stadium for the Augusta GreenJackets Baseball Team, Simon Medcalfe (Augusta University) About 17 acres of prime riverfront real estate lies padlocked and overgrown since the demise of Georgia Golf Hall of Fame’s Botanical Gardens in Augusta, Georgia. What is the best use for this land?
The 2017 SWCRA meeting will be held in association with the Federation of Business
Disciplines (FBD) conference in Little Rock, Arkansas at the Marriott Little Rock and Statehouse Convention Center.
The deadline for receipt of all submissions is October 2016.
The SWCRA meetings begin with a symposium for case writers and case teachers. The meeting continues the next day with a business meeting and roundtable case sessions. The program will conclude with a planning session to discuss the program for 2018.
SWCRA Program 2017 (upcoming)
SWCRA Business Meeting Agenda (upcoming)
Welcome to the website for the Southwest Case Research Association (SWCRA). SWCRA is affiliated with the North American Case Research Association (NACRA).
SWCRA is also a member of the Federation of Business Disciplines (FBD) and is a non-profit organization dedicated to the development of new knowledge and the transmission of existing knowledge utilizing the case method.
- Robert Stevens, President
- Lawrence Silver, President Elect
- Tim Wise, VP-Programs
- Wilke English, Secretary
- Jeri Rubin, Treasurer
- Irfan Ahmed, VP – Publications
- Gerald Kohers, VP – Technology
- Dan Jennings, Historian
- Simon Medcalfe, Immediate Past President